Position Description - VP Technical Services
General Summary: The Vice President for Technical Services is responsible for promoting the technical activities of the EMC Society. The committees under the Technical Services Vice President include various technical committees in sub-specialties of EMC, and liaisons to other IEEE and non-IEEE technical organizations.
- EMCS Board meetings (3-4 per year)
- promoting and ensuring the integrity of EMC Society technical activities
- overseeing the activities of the society's technical committees
- overseeing the activities of the Education and Student Activities Committee
- overseeing the activities of the Representative Advisory Committee
- keeping the board informed of the society's technical activities, and
- ensuring the all technical activities are sufficiently funded in the annual budget.