Position Description - VP Conference Services
General Summary: The Vice President for Conference Services, is responsible for developing and keeping track of BOD actions relating to symposia. This includes Symposia/Conferences relevant statistics, BOD positions/policies, IEEE policies, locations, endorsements and performance.
- EMCS Board meetings (3-4 per year)
- Visits to potential conference locations
- IEEE meetings related to conferences
- The Vice President shall function as coordinator for the Society's annual symposia and provide regular reports on these' activities to the BOD meetings.
- EMCS symposia/conferences shall operate as individual entities with continual input from the EMC Society members, BOD and other Symposia/Conferences via the Vice President for Conference Services.
- The location for the Society Symposium is typically set at least five years in advance, due to the need to determine and lock-in a suitable hotel and exhibit area. The Vice President works with potential symposia sponsors to ensure that the local committee is prepared to sponsor a Symposium.
- There may be times when the EMC Society wishes to cooperate with other symposia which it does not directly sponsor. In such cases, the Vice President for Conference Services shall be responsible for all matters relating to interactions between these symposia and the EMC Society. The Vice President shall act as the principle point of contact between all entities requesting co-sponsorship of an EMC-related symposium.
- The Vice President for Conference Services oversees the Exhibits Committee and is responsible for ensuring year to year coordination of exhibitors at the annual symposium.