Position Description - VP Communication Services
General Summary: The Vice President for Communication Services shall lead and facilitate the workings of the Communications Services Committees including the IEEE EMC Transactions, the society newsletter and the society web site. The Vice President shall report the activities of the Communications Services Committee to the EMC Society Board of Directors at their regularly scheduled meetings and receive action items from the President and/or BOD for execution/action. The Vice President shall monitor the workings of all Communications Services Committees to ensure their actions and activities support the EMC Society Goals and Objectives.
- EMCS Board Meetings (3-4 per year)
- IEEE Meetings related to publications or other forms of society communications
- Oversees the activities of the Editor-in-Chief of the Transactions of the IEEE EMC Society, Editor of the IEEE EMC Society Newsletter and EMC Society Webmaster.
- Oversees the activities of the IEEE Press Liaison, History Committee, Publicity Committee and Public Relations Committee.
- Every 3 years solicit recommendations from the current Editor-in-Chief of the Transactions for candidates for the next EiC. Review the candidates and recommend one to the BoD for appointment as the next EiC. This typically will be done the middle of the current EiC's 2nd year so that the incoming EiC can work with the current EiC for a year before taking the office. The most recent time this was done was in 2008, so the next appointment should be made in 2011.