Position Description - President Elect
General Summary: The President Elect supports the goals and objectives of the Society and assists the President in these activities. The President Elect will assume the duties of the President if the President is temporarily or permanently unable to perform the duties of President. He/she chairs the Long Range Planning Committee. The President Elect position is an apprenticeship to the position of President, and the holder of this position should prepare her/himself by attending IEEE training seminars, TAB and other meetings, etc. Training in Robert's Rules of Order is especially useful.
- EMCS Board meetings (3-4 per year)
- TAB meetings (at least 1 during term)
- Assist President in the performance of his/her duties.
- Perform the duties of the President in his/her absence or incapacity.
- Chair periodic reviews of the structural organization of the Society.
- Chair Long Range Planning Committee.