IEEE EMC Society Listing of
EMC-Related Job Opportunities
If your company
is looking for someone with EMC-related experience, you can
post your job listing here. Send listing information (in ASCII
format) by e-mail to CVEL-L@clemson.edu.
Listings are removed when we are notified that the job has been
filled or after six months.
MUST include the name and location of the employer AND a method
for an applicant to respond to the listing. We do NOT
accept or post job listings from professional recruitment firms
or job placement services working on behalf of a client, and
we do NOT include job listings for positions that require the
person looking for employment to pay a fee for placement.
Additional EE job listings can be found on the IEEE-USA's job listings web page at http://www.ieeeusa.org/careers/employment/global/
Crestron is the world's leading manufacturer of advanced control and automation systems, innovating technology and reinventing the way people live and work. Offering integrated solutions to control audio, video, computer, IP and environmental systems, Crestron streamlines technology, improving the quality of life for people in corporate boardrooms, conference rooms, classrooms, auditoriums, and in their homes. Crestron's leadership stems from its dedicated people who are committed to providing the best products, programs and services in the industry. This culmination of loyalty, devotion and innovation is what our dealers refer to as "The Crestron Experience."
The Global Regulatory Compliance Manager is responsible for ensuring product compliance with regulatory requirements for product safety and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC). Works with design teams to provide guidance, evaluate designs and test for compliance. Works with regulatory agencies and their standards to define and interpret requirements and obtain and maintain certifications.
Plan and manage all compliance work
Lead the compliance team in their efforts
Monitor and perform product safety and EMC testing
Produce formal test reports for agencies and design teams
Write and maintain the reports required to document regulatory compliance
Provide interpretations of requirements to design teams and evaluate product designs to ensure compliance
Work with agencies and 3rd party test laboratories for the purposes of, obtaining testing and evaluation services, obtaining and maintaining product approvals and obtaining interpretations of regulatory requirements
Stay current with applicable skills and trends in regulatory compliance
Provide support to product development and production departments in the form of cost control and reduction, efficiency, safety, ergonomics, planning, quality and cycle time along with continuous improvement initiatives
Other Duties as assigned
Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship.
To apply please go to www.crestron.com/careers
Position Summary: The FAE Manager is responsible for, but not limited to, leading the design-in efforts of the NA FAE team by working synergistically with sales and engineering, product management and manufacturing to achieve customer design targets and goals. The goal of the group is to be the trusted design partner for our Electromagnetic interference/compliance (EMI/EMC) customers. This is not a region-specific position.
- Responsible for leading design-in efforts for Laird Electro-magnetic (EMI) solutions into customer applications. This includes but not limited to leveraging electro-magnetic expertise and portfolio of metal, fabric-over-foam, elastomer and absorber products to:
- Identify and develop skillsets needed to become customers’ trusted EM design partner.
- Develop & drive appropriate metrics to drive design wins & pipeline
- Develop strategies & processes to identify & deliver more value added products & services to customers
- Work closely with TSM team to define focus customer targets and assist with the development of business plans/playbooks as well as to ensure customer needs are being met.
- Regularly attend customer design review meetings and provide technical design support for SBU solutions.
- Lead the development of training to utilize all product offerings, providing insightful and detailed design solutions.
- Develop Electro-Magnetic (EM)/mechanical design solutions to customer team, utilizing modeling (FEA, EM, etc.) and other analysis techniques
- Drive prototype, tool build, and initial production build processes to meet customer timelines.
- Drive efficiency improvements in the design to mfg process.
- Facilitate the management and coordinate activities between departments to meet product development requirements.
- Simultaneously set priorities/direction for multiple programs in development.
- Responsible for working with OEM engineers, Manufacturer's Representatives, Distribution Partners and Territory Sales Managers to implement Laird Technologies provided solutions for existing, qualifying new and next generation and cost reduction programs.
- Keep work skills current to insure Laird Technologies competitiveness in a dynamic global business environment. May require extensive travel to customer sites required providing design specific solutions.
- Develop and execute FAE vision for EMI products & services.
- Develop the organization so that individual within the group maximize their strengths to reach their goals and contribute to global Laird technical community.
- Ensure NBO “contribution” by each FAE to attain design win and pipeline goal assigned based on territory.
- Conduct, present and lead Laird product/technical presentations lunch-n-learn or seminars per quarter to strategic customers located within the FAE’s territory.
- Maintain a rapid turnaround response to NBO requirements and action.
- Gain new designs and secure production orders from target OEM’s agreed upon with direction of sales and product management.
- Provide timely & insightful analyses with available tools.
- Build relationships with our business partners including the manufacturer reps and the channel partners that creates a unified approach to supporting the market as well as creates new market opportunities while maximizing all resources available to LT.
- Working closely with the TSM’s to identify and pursue target accounts and projects that ensures that the sales efforts are aligned..
- Instruct and train, distributors, and Manufactures Representatives in the selling of products and services on occasion.
- Coordinate with Product Management to communicate customer feedback to align the product roadmap with customer expectations leading to product strategy and priorities.
- Maintain accurate up to date records on all major accounts including NBO activity, resources required to close opportunities and defined actions to ensure success.
Critical Factors in the position:
- Excellent technical skills in Electro-magnetics/RF and/or Mechanical design & analysis
- Excellent time management skills.
- Presentation skills
- Communication skills both internally (engineering, product management customer service) and externally (customers)
- Independent, self driven
- Bias for Action; quick turnaround of customer requests
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong Understanding of Market and customer base
- Demonstrate strong computer skills with Microsoft Programs
- Understanding of Finite Element Analysis process or Electro magnetic modeling/characterization/design , preferably with a history of analyzing boundary conditions and results.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or technical field (MSEE, MS Physics, MSME preferred).
- Experience/knowledge in manufacturing processes preferred.
- 3+ years experience in a similar position.
- 5+ years experience with sheet metal manufacturing and design.
- 5+ years design experience.
- Previous managerial experience preferred
To apply please contact Jessica Duffey, Jessica.Duffey@lairdtech.com
Under general supervision, develops test plans and outlines specific testing conditions. Completes test requests, schedules tests, analyzes data and performs product tests. Addresses testing problems and performs initial failure analysis. Composes reports and may deliver routine presentations.
- Develops test plans and outlines specific testing conditions. Completes test requests and interfaces with testing department and/or customer to coordinate testing and equipment availability. Coordinates schedules for simple or routine tests. Monitors and performs product tests.
- Compiles test data, reviews and analyzes testing results for soundness of data, and makes recommendations for improvement.
- This position requires accurate reporting of observed phenomenon without expressing opinions or interpretations or making evaluations of the test results. Works with engineering group to develop and maintain test improvements. Generates weekly status reports and documentation as required to support departmental projects.
- Creates issues checklist to document issues. Addresses testing problems. Performs initial root cause and failure analysis while working with Design or other Engineers. May make recommendations for improvements.
- Composes test and technical reports describing in detail the testing findings. May deliver routine or simple presentations.
- Analyzes and recommends improvements to current processes and systems. May implement improvements. Is responsible for following established test method without modification or the development and validation of new test methods.
- May provide support with Test Facility Planning activities.
- May participate in benchmarking activities.
- May provide customer support for testing including participating in road tests, attending customer meetings and explaining test data or results.
- May provide guidance and on-the-job training to lower level colleagues.
- Follows the DIAM Operating System (DOS) with respect to managing individual programs. Informs the Program Leaders and functional management of the progress being made toward each milestone within the program. May be required to act in the Program Leaders role and perform all related activities, as defined.
- Ensures compliance with general organization-wide and department-specific ISO requirements.
- Participates in and supports environmental ISO 14001 and safety activities by developing supporting goals and objectives, attending required training, complying with established procedures and initiating and implementing corrective actions, as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Level of Education and Training Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
At least two years of testing related experience.
Minimum Level of Knowledge and Skills Required:
Demonstrated knowledge and application of general engineering principles and methodologies.
Detailed knowledge of test methodologies, equipment and test data processing in order to conduct basic testing and write reports.
Analytical skills to handle reasonably complex situations from both the micro and macro level perspective. Uses professionally recognized techniques when standard protocols are not available; must be practically applied in innovative ways. Must rely on judgment to gather information from and follow-up with various outside sources; considers broad range of issues/factors. Recommends creative resolutions and improvements.
Written and verbal communication skills to interpret and/or discuss technical or sensitive information with internal and external customers. Discretion in deciding what and how to communicate. Oral presentation skills to maximize the impact of thoughts transmitted
Negotiation skills to resolve fundamental situations/issues, which may be potentially conflict in nature, while making point firmly and seeking a positive outcome for both sides.
Customer service skills to address customer issues and partner on resolutions. Approaches every business relationship as a partnership. Makes concentrated effort to keep relationships positive and fruitful.
In-depth understanding and demonstrated competency in working with computer software and mainframe applications in order to manipulate, analyze, and reconcile data. In-depth knowledge of internet and explorer applications in order to retrieve and post data and research information.
Minimum Level of Physical Effort Required:
Concentrates and pays close attention to detailed job responsibilities. Stands or sits, walks and typically lifts 10 pounds or under.
Pleasant, well-lighted area with comfortable temperature and without significant amounts of dust, fumes or odors. Unavoidable accidents and health hazards are unlikely.
No formal management or leadership authority.
- Applies area or department strategy/goals/vision as a reference point when performing job responsibilities.
- Applies industry knowledge and understands its relationship to DENSO’s position in the market.
- Anticipates the implications and consequences for their area of customer and industry trends and contributes ideas to management.
- Works to achieve goals and objectives in support of area or department strategy and specific business objectives.
- Demonstrates persistence and takes personal responsibility for uncovering, understanding and achieving management’s priorities to ensure that results are achieved.
- Works to overcome obstacles and troubleshoots problems that arise within their area of responsibility.
- Adapts past experience or pursues new methods to produce creative and innovative solutions to problems or situations.
- Proposes and implements creative and innovative solutions to problems.
- Contributes to an atmosphere that expects high quality products and services.
- Utilizes tools, processes and systems to ensure quality standards and customer expectations are met or exceeded and customer satisfaction levels remain high.
- Takes ownership and promptly follows through on customer inquiries, requests or complaints.
Kaizen (Continuous Improvement):
- By reflecting on past performance and future direction, identifies areas in need of improvements within own job or work group and initiates efforts towards their resolution.
- Continually analyzes problem areas to determine the root cause of problems and utilize the P.D.C.A process to recommend and develop improvement ideas.
- Aids in generating an understanding, implementation, and acceptance of organizational changes.
- Performs and expects others to conduct on-site verification.
- Presses for exact information, scans the environment for potential opportunities, and systematically collects information from the source.
- Provides input to recommendation for necessary resources.
- Displays the ability to listen and communicate clearly and effectively to all levels by using a variety of communication styles and channels.
- Communicates information and ideas in a succinct and organized manner considering the audience.
- Gains commitment to ensure the success of a project or initiative by sharing information accurately and listening.
- Fully commits to the fair treatment of all associates, customers, and suppliers.
- Contributes to the accomplishment of department goals by sharing opinions and ideas freely.
- Supports changes in policies/procedures, supervision, decisions made through consensus and job responsibilities.
- Values diverse opinions and effectively resolves differences within the team.
- Engages in self-assessment and seeks feedback from others to identify strengths and areas for self-improvement.
- Takes personal initiative and responsibility for own development and core training needs as outlined by direct supervision.
- Shares knowledge, skills, abilities, experience, and information in area of expertise freely with colleagues to assist others in their development and growth.
- Seeks out and readily involves self in activities that challenge current skills, abilities and knowledge.
To apply, contact Eric R. Stevens
DENSO International America, Inc.
24777 Denso Drive
P.O. Box 5047, MC:4803
Southfield, MI 48086
At Honeywell, our people are driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage. Honeywell is a diversified Fortune 100 company, with more than 122,000 people in 100 countries
Honeywell Aerospace is a $10B+ SBG (Strategic Business Group) with 40,000 employees in over 125 domestic and international locations. We are a leading global aviation supplier designing, manufacturing, and distributing advanced electronic systems, products, and services to commercial, defense and space industries.
This position will be based in Tucson, AZ
- Assist with the development and qualification Electro-Magnetic Interference (EMI)/EMC testing of electronic fuel control, cabin pressure control and power generation systems that satisfy customer, FAA and internal requirements
- Work closely with a cross-functional team and customers in the definition of EMI/EMC testing through concise, traceable requirements.
- Lead creation and coordination of component and system EMI test procedures and EMI test reports
- Supports the development, qualification and certification of specific tests as defined in MIL-STD 461 and 462 as well as DO-160 and other relevant customer test requirements documents
- Troubleshoot EMI test set ups and configurations and propose solutions
- Provide technical support to the project and systems engineering test teams
- Support technical liaison between customers, engineering and other non-engineering functional groups such as manufacturing, quality, material, etc.
- Be familiar with all EMI test requirements, test equipment and alternate test locations both sub-contract and Honeywell
- Full understanding and application of Radiated Susceptibility, Conducted Susceptibility, Radiated Emissions, Conducted Emissions, Lightning, HIRF and other specialty EMI test configurations, elements and requirements
- Support the creation and presentation of technical information, schedules and presentations to technical and non-technical personnel
- Travel as required to support testing at subcontract and Honeywell off-site facilities
- Bachelors’ degree in electrical engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in EMI / EMC Test Lab operations or related experience
- Due to Export Compliance program requirements, U.S. citizenship or US Lawful permanent resident status is required.
- Must be proactive in meeting program cost, schedule and product performance
- Possess the ability to work in a changing environment
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Possess good customer interface skills with the ability to work directly with technical and non-technical personnel
- Have the ability to anticipate, identify and take action on potential issues and problems
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Must be a self-starter
- Must be able to understand electrical schematics, possess troubleshooting skills and hardware and software development experience
- Understanding and hands-on experience with EMI testing configurations and test operations
Join Honeywell's Talent Network to receive updates on other Honeywell employment opportunities, news and more. Click here to sign up: http://careersathoneywell.com/en/Newsletternew.aspx
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
To apply please visit http://www.careersathoneywell.com/
Enter Job number 00206503
ETS-Lindgren is the leading solutions company providing components and systems that measure, shield and control electromagnetic and acoustic energy. Throughout our company, our people bring a wide array of abilities and backgrounds – strong interpersonal capabilities, technological know-how, and every skill set in between. Join a global, team-oriented organization where the work is interesting and the days are filled with exciting, new types of projects for a wide variety of clients. www.ets-lindgren.com We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to work in a fast-paced environment as Regional Director of Test Solutions – EMEA.
Location: Munich, Germany is preferred, but candidates from other European countries or other parts of the world will be considered. A relocation package is available if necessary.
The Regional Director of Test Solutions – EMEA acts as the direct interface between the Global Solutions Group and the region's RF Engineering and Sales teams providing world-class test solutions. Demonstrating deep technical knowledge of the ETS-L solutions by growing trust with customers and increasing their confidence in the Company's technical capabilities. Continuously provide training where needed to all team members and our partners. Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement and service leadership.
- Act as the primary liaison between the Global Solutions Group and the EMEA RF Engineering and field integration team working to deliver world-class test solutions.
- Support the sales process by growing trust with customers, increasing their confidence in the Company’s technical capabilities. Act as the liaison between the EMEA sales team, the EMEA RF Engineering team, and the Global Solutions Group for technical questions.
- Working closely with the Global Solutions Team to develop and implement effective training and education programs that advances the capabilities of our regional and global technical teams.
- Manage and provide leadership to engineering direct and indirect reporting relationships. Allocate technical resources as necessary for successful project completion and winning new business.
- Continuously feedback competitive analysis, market changes and changes in customer expectations to the regional leaders and the Global Solutions Team. Recommend new products and solutions to be developed as part of New Product Development Committee.
- Contribute to technical bodies and standards committees to advance ETS-L as the technical leader and to broaden the acceptance of ETS-L products and solutions. Regularly submit articles to both trade and peer reviewed journals, supporting technical seminars, and presenting technical papers.
- Participate in EMEA leadership team meetings.
- Participate in weekly Global Solutions leadership team meetings.
- Provide support for the sales proposal process by reviewing, editing and approving the RF performance guarantees and completing the technical response and compliance tables as required.
- Ensure the local sales team and distributor partners are knowledgeable about our key points of difference regarding our products and solutions; accompany them on sales visits and provide feedback and training.
- Work with the project management team to ensure a seamless handover of projects from bid to acceptance. Ensure that areas of technical risk are highlighted at all points of the delivery.
- Develop business relationships with assigned technology partners, distribution partners and original equipment manufacturers.
- Continuously develop your technical skills and contribute to the wider ETS-L engineering knowledge base.
- Travel globally to all ETS-Lindgren locations as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree, in RF engineering or related discipline; Masters of Science preferred
- 10+ years business experience consisting of some combination of the following:
- Customer facing engineering role.
- Contributor to standards committees or technical bodies.
- Experience in a multi-national manufacturing company, including exposure to their sales, marketing, engineering and manufacturing practices is preferred
- Strong RF, Wireless and EMC skills and how they apply in a test system environment. Able to apply this knowledge to customers’ needs and demonstrate how ETS-L is best able to fulfill those needs.
- Industry knowledge of one or more of the following industries: Manufacturing, Wireless, Instrument Manufacturer, Aerospace & Defense, Communications.
- Ability to demonstrate executive presence including being well presented, articulate, conscientious, ethical, punctual, highly motivated and demonstrating strong customer service; strong strategic business management.
- Strong team player with the ability to work well in a team-oriented, short-deadline environment; comfortable dealing with, and managing through situations that may be unclear. Strong ability for creative problem solving. Ability to coordinate various departments and functions to complete important projects; coordinate interrelated projects and manage interdependencies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent listening and negotiation capabilities as well as high quality telephone and presentation skills. Fluency in English is required.
- Ability to learn new technical software applications
- Proficiency with MS Office applications including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and MS PowerPoint.
ETS-Lindgren offers a competitive compensation package. For immediate consideration, please email your resume and salary history with a cover letter to email@example.com
AR RF/Microwave Instrumentation, world leader in the design & manufacture of broadband, RF amplifiers and related EMC instrumentation products, is seeking an exp'd Applications Engr to provide technical support of new product offerings & provide expertise on EMC testing and related specifications. Responsibilities include the determination of the most cost effective and best technical approach when quoting custom instrumentation and system related products, presentations and demonstrations of various AR products, technical support to customers via our 800# Help line, composing Applications notes, providing inputs on new product development, and support at trade shows worldwide. Estimate 30% travel time. BSEE and 5-10 years related experience in the EMC field preferred. Detailed knowledge of all standards related to EMC is required. Would consider an instrument test engineer. Present or previous committee member for EMC standards and experience with TWTA's are a plus. Competitive salary & benefit package make AR a great place to work! Resumes with salary requirements to HR@arworld.us, or fax (866)743-3838. EOE.